Work With Our Councils
Girls on the Run Twin Cities
The Girls on the Run® Program Manager (PM) must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through fifth grades. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
The Program Manager reports to the Girls on the Run Council Director. The Program Manager is responsible for managing all of the Girls on the Run programs and volunteers. Some of the key responsibilities falling within these areas include:
Program Outreach and Site Management
- Responsible for implementing the Girls on the Run strategic program plan and achieving program goals with respect to number of girls, number of sites and demographic requirements
- Work with community leaders, schools and other groups to maximize Girls on the Run success
- Market Girls on the Run program to potential new sites
- Facilitate new site application, vetting and onboarding process
- Coordinate all new and existing sites, including registration, recruitment and program delivery
- Enforce all current site policies and procedures and generate innovation and improvement as needed
- Troubleshoot issues that arise at sites
- Oversee program data collection
- Coordinate site evaluations, program evaluations, and coach/parent satisfaction surveys, including dissemination, collection and analysis
- Create weekly parent communication and provide to Head Coaches
Coach Management and Training
- Recruit, interview and onboard qualified volunteer coaches
- Manage all aspects of coach training, including Girls on the Run training, CPR & First Aid, and background checks
- Enforce all current coaching policies and procedures and generate continuous improvement
- Communicate frequently with coaches, answering questions and providing resources
- Provide ongoing training and resources to coaches through an online platform
- Collaborate with Council Director to generate and execute continuous improvements in volunteer recruitment and management
- Assist coaches in recruiting and organize Running Buddies each season for practice 5Ks and the season ending 5K
- Coordinate a long-term strategic volunteer program to best utilize interested volunteers. In addition to coaches, this volunteer program would utilize volunteers to help with clerical needs, material and coach box preparation, GOTR 5K’s and other special events.
- Purchase and distribute all curriculum materials including: coach boxes, coach manuals, healthy snacks and program equipment
- Solicit in-kind donations for program materials from local businesses
- Manage inventory and distribution of coach and program curriculum, materials and supplies.
Budget and Administrative
- Collaborate with Council Director to develop and manage program budget
- Manage data collection & information about rosters, girls, numbers & revenue
- Identify and implement streamlined systems and document retention procedures
- Manage all coach files, sites files and other program related paperwork
- Update website and social media with program information
- Provide support for annual events, such as the Girls on the Run Spring and Fall 5K and our annual spring silent auction fundraiser
- BA or BS degree
- Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Computer competence, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, data management programs, CRM systems, and email
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to travel locally throughout the Twin Cities, using a personal vehicle
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Ability to work remotely
- Candidate will be asked to work a varied schedule when required, including some evenings, early mornings and/or weekends
- Experience with Girls on the Run (or other similar youth or wellness programs)
- Non-profit program coordination experience
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Connections to the local community
Full-time salaried, salary is commensurate with experience starting at $38,000, benefits included.
Terms and Conditions
All positions with GOTR are pending a valid background check. This job description materially represents the responsibilities of the position; however, the Program Manager may be asked to perform other job-related tasks not specifically presented in this job description.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, May 5th at 5:00 p.m.
Girls on the Run Rio Grande
Part-time Volunteer Position with Stipend
Girls on the Run Rio Grande is seeking a dedicated Council Manager for a long-term commitment to lead its nonprofit operations with the assistance of an active and involved Board. Working from home, the Manager’s hours vary greatly each month, generally requiring 10-20 hours of work per week. The position includes a stipend of $400/month, with potential for growth with the organization.
Girls on the Run Rio Grande is a local council of the international Girls on the Run (GOTR) organization. GOTR Rio Grande has served Bernalillo and Valencia Counties for the past two years, and is currently in four elementary schools. The program provides girls in grades 3-5 with a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living, covering topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
The Council Manager must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in Bernalillo and Valencia counties. The ideal candidate will be comfortable engaging in strategic activities as well as taking a hands-on role in program execution and administrative issues. Prior experience working with nonprofit organizations is required, and preferred consideration will be given to those with additional skills in fundraising, marketing, volunteer management and/or strategic planning.
The Girls on the Run Rio Grande Council Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the GOTR mission. The Council Manager reports to the GOTR Rio Grande Board of Directors. The Manager’s job responsibilities include developing and implementing the overall strategy and vision for the GOTR Rio Grande program and all organizational and operational aspects of GOTR Rio Grande including its administration, financial operations, revenue generation, program development and activities, personnel management and strategic planning.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until the right match is found. For more information about Girls on the Run Rio Grande and this current opportunity, visit www.GirlsontheRunRioGrande.org.