Donate your time to help give
girls a brighter future.
Fuel your limitless potential
with the monthly Remarkable!
By Kenzie Kramer on 04/18/2017 | Fun & Games
The end of the school year is just around the corner - which means summer camps will be coming up shortly after! Whether it’s a day camp or sleepover camp, getting everything your child needs in order can be hectic. Help your kid have a great time at camp with these five simple tips:
1. Leave their favorite shirt at home. Between hiking, swimming and crafts, any favorite thing is at high-risk of getting lost or ruined. Instead, use this opportunity to dig up old the tee shirts from the bottom of drawers.
2. Label anything and everything. With so much running around, it’s easy to lose track of backpacks and water bottles. Use a permanent marker to pen first and last names and ensure the things you sent to camp return home.
3. Keep the critters away. Any space with a lot of children is a possibility for head lice. A repellent like Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray from Girls on the Run sponsor Fairy Tales Hair Care can be sprayed on hair, backpacks and sweatshirt hoods to help keep head lice away.
4. Encourage your child to write. After a day filled with activities, it is vital to reset and recharge. Journaling provides kids with an opportunity to relax, take time for themselves and think about their day.
5. Don’t stress. Camp is intended to be a fun time for your child - not overshadowed by stressed packing and to-do lists. Most camps provide parents with a list of necessities beforehand and are well-equipped if an item is accidentally left at home.
Do you have a favorite tip for preparing your children for camp? Share it in the comments below!