Successfully managing the departure of a Council Director in tandem with the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of a new executive is a process that typically requires strategic planning. Boards can get ahead of the game by thinking through the desired course of action when a Council Director transition occurs by succession planning.
- Council Director Succession Planning Guide
- Succession Planning Recorded Workshop Series Pre-recorded, released throughout January 2023.
This three-part workshop series explores different aspects of the leadership transition process. The recorded session topics include:
- Session 1: Building a Leaderful Organization: An Approach to Succession Planning
- Session 2: The Leadership in Leaving
- Session 3: If We Were to Do It Again…Lessons Learned