Board recruitment is an intentional and ongoing cycle that is critical to ensuring the people on the board mirror your community and have the skills and experiences to advance the mission. The following resources have been created to assist your board through the process of creating a diverse and inclusive board.
- READ FIRST: Steps to Creating a Diverse Board
- Key Considerations to Creating a Diverse Board
- Board Matrix: Assist your council’s recruitment efforts by assessing your current board composition and identifying opportunities to diversify and/or expand your board.
- Recruitment Outlets & Strategy: Enhance your recruitment efforts with this comprehensive list of creative outlets to diversify your board.
- Sample Board Member Marketing Language
- Example Conversation Questions
- Board Interest Form Pinwheel Instructions
- Board Member Expectations & Commitment Example